- View linked slideshow images:
- Slideshow image #1
Ararat Rural City Council’s overall Community Grants Program provides funding for projects and activities that build healthy and vibrant communities; sustain important community infrastructure and attract visitors to the area.
Furthermore, the Community Grants Program encourages community groups to work together to share and benefit from community resources.
The next round of community grants close Wednesday 15 June 2016.
What are Community Projects and Programs grants?
The Community Projects and Programs grants provide support for projects, programs and equipment of a sporting, recreational, cultural, environmental and community service nature.
What kinds of activities would be considered for funding?
- Equipment purchase that would assist with the operation of a community group or organisation
- Community health and wellbeing programs
- Historical displays
- Programs targeted at young people
- Promotional materials ie brochures, posters to promote your project or program
- Sporting equipment
Requests for retrospective funding, recurrent operating costs or salary subsidies, ongoing funding from Council after the project is complete and routine/cyclical maintenance funding will not be considered.
How will my application be assessed?
Applicants must be ‘not-for-profit’ organisations or have an auspice body. The applicant must demonstrate that their project:
- Encourages community participation and cooperation
- Has positive health, social and environmental outcomes
- Is accessible to people with special needs
- Is well planned and managed