The aim of Aged and Disability Services is to provide support and assistance to people wishing to remain living independently and safely in their own homes.
HACC services are available to assist frail older persons, people with a moderate to severe disability and their carers. Services provide basic support and maintenance services to people living at home.
An assessment is necessary for people to access services. This is undertaken in the persons home with discussion around what supports and services are appropriate and available.
A fee is charge for all services .This is determined by the assessment officer in consultation with the client.
- General home support services eg vacuuming
- In home respite service – support and assistance to enable carers to have time away from the home
- Personal care – assistance with showering, dressing and grooming
- Delivered meals – hot meals delivered 5 days a week – rural areas frozen meals delivered. Cold meals delivered on Fridays for weekends
- Property maintenance – installation of rails/ minor work on steps, cleaning spouting, small handyman tasks